Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Thanksgiving

Well, I have to confess-I'm a terrible blogger. It's been awhile, and I'm sorry!
Things are going quite well. Last week I was able to plan and prepare for a few days because the girls had midterm exams so I had no classes. I did have to go with my co-teacher to monitor three different exams. It was so boring! Her and I just had to watch the girls to make sure they didn't cheat. I was definitely not needed! Oh well.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I saw some pictures from home and it looked so warm and beautiful there! Here it's been very warm too, but the last 2 days the temperature has dropped and it is starting to feel like fall.

Finally, for those of you who have been asking, Katy and I found an English speaking church! It's Presbyterian and a 1/2hour away, but we enjoyed it. We met another couple there that was at our orientation back in September, so that was really cool. It was their first time at a church in Korea too.
On Sunday night my friends Tommy, Dan, Shana and I were lucky enough to find a Canadian bar in Incheon that downloaded the Leafs/Habs game! So we had some poutine (yeah!) and enjoyed watching the blue and white beat the Habs in OT! SWEET! It was so fun. We had to take a taxi home though because the subways here close at 11:30 and it was just after 11 so we wouldn't have made it back. The pub was about 20-30 minutes away from our place and the taxi cost us 8,000W (around $8)!! This is a picture of where we watched the game - the pub is called "Canadian Buddy."



Well, I'm heading to bed now. We had a pretty good meal tonight. KAty and I attempted to do a Thanksgiving meal - without stuffing or turkey. We made mashed potatoes, broccoli, and chicken. We had buns and cheesecake too. I'm still stuffed! :) It was fun, but I did miss the meal from back home!
Hope you are all great!

Lots of love.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen and Katy

Blessed Thanksgiving!


oma jane

Mary Lou and Ron Donkersloot said...

We think of you everytime we watch the Leafs! Glad you got to see a game. Happy, happy Thanksgiving!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen
You are not a terrible blogger, we all are just interested in what's up with you, when really you are just going about your life! Sounds like you & Katy tried to have a typical Thanksgiving. How fun to do it! We are very thankful that all seems to be going well for you in Korea. Take care, Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen,
We appreciate your sharing your time in Korea with us. We had some great company for Uncle Rob's birthday- Opa, Oma, U.Alex, A. Julie, Keri, and Michelle. IT was fun to have the house full. But now it's back to thinking about school and planning for the week ahead-- just like you do :-)
Love ya girl,
aunt annette, uncle rob
steph and mike and jodi too

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen I had a nice Hot Tim Horton's coffee today LOL Hope all is well. We all miss u how is the teaching going were all doing well what is your #. Take care.

Chad Chantal Darian Ashton and ?